Re: when Oracle9i database supports J2EE 1.3 (or even 1.4)?

From: Sebastiano Pilla <etechweb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:59:14 +0200

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote:

> That is indeed the case. A pity, IMHO. This because OC4J is not yet
> compatible with other app servers such as Websphere, and the JVM EJB
> container was the easy and nice way of making stored Java procedures work
> nicely with Websphere...
>
> Oh well, perhaps it's in the plans to make OC4J truly portable to other
> app servers?

It's possible that you're thinking of BC4J (Business Components For Java), rather than of OC4J? I say that because I would define OC4J as an app server (and a nice one, btw!!), so the question of making it portable to other app servers doesn't make sense to me.

If, on the other hand, you're meaning BC4J, then I would understand your concern.

Sebastiano Pilla Received on Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:59:14 CDT