Re: View getting invalidated

From: Stephen B <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:44:27 -0400

Hi Yash,
I just did what you described as I understood it in your post...created a view based on a union query, then altered both tables (in this case added a column) and it returned to VALID status after the 'alter view compile'...also it returned to valid status after the first select on the view (which it also should do). The only difference to this behaviour that comes to mind right now is if you are compiling these tables remotely in which case the behaviour is different, or, if there is somehow another dependency in the mix (you can check USER_DEPENDENCIES to verify that)...

I hope this is of at least SOME help :)

Steve