Exchanging product and test database on NT - how Do I change SID?

From: Harald Buesching <harald.buesching.hb_at_germany.agfa.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 09:42:26 -0700

Hello!

We are running 8.0.5.2.6 on NT.
The blocksize of the test-system (16384 bytest) would mean some performance speedup.
To exchange the functions, I have to change the SID and rename the INIT(<SID>) files.
How do I exchange the SID on a server, which has 4 databases?

I looked in the registry at .../software/oracle and found one ORACLE_SID.
But it was neither the production nor the test SID.

Rebuilding the database, which would be a solution, won't be tolerated, because the server should be 99% online.

Any help is welcome.

Greetings Harald Buesching. Received on Tue Apr 23 2002 - 11:42:26 CDT