Recovering a deleted archive log for standby

From: Scott Hussey <scott_at_matrix.lcl.lib.mo.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:23:39 -0500

I have two Oracle 8.1.7 databases. One is the production system running in ARCHIVELOG mode. The other is a standby database. We move the archive logs from the production to the standby database and apply them as usual. However, we had a mishap when trying to develop some automated archive log gap recovery scripts and one of the archive logs on the production machine got deleted BEFORE it was moved to the standby database and applied (also before it got backed up). We are now curious what is the best way to recover from this? The production system is currently okay, so we have a current system to make cold backups from. Is there a way to recover the deleted archive log from the production database or is it possible (and a good idea) to rebuild the standby database from the current production image and then restart the archive log thread. Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 23 2002 - 11:23:39 CDT