Re: Connect remote to multiple instances

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:07:21 GMT

Johan,

You are right in your guess. There is such syntax in SQL*Plus - 'sqlplus username/pwd_at_server.sid'

Edit your client tnsnames.ora file (%ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin) to include two entries for DB1 and DB2:
DB1=

   (DESCRIPTION =

       (ADDRESS_LIST =
           (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = yourhost.domain.com)(PORT =
1521))

   )
  (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = DB1)
  )
)

DB2=

   (DESCRIPTION =

       (ADDRESS_LIST =
           (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = yourhost.domain.com)(PORT =
1521))

   )
  (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = DB2)
  )