Re: Diagnostic & tuning pack

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:46:36 GMT

Thank you very kindly for that!

Well, I guess it's time for them to come around and install more memory and CPU boards in my head. I meant to specify the DELETE clause for both SYS and SYSTEM. I guess it's a case of irretrievable neuron failure.

Or, if it were possible, after16 years of Oracle DBA / design work, I might settle for a

DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE_SCHEMA('RSH','COMPLETE'); and liberal use of COALESCEs, since I'm sure my PCTINCREASES are all 0.

Presuming I am running the current version of Oracle; I'll have to ask my Maker that one. Not meaning to be sacriligeous, but I can just imagine "YOU'RE RUNNING THAT RELEASE ON THAT BRAIN? DIDN'T YOU READ THE ICG and RELEASE NOTES?" Thank you much for catching that, Sybrand, before I passed bad knowlege on to an innocent bystander.