help:how to disconnect from db?

From: Joe Sath <dbadba62_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:39:05 GMT

Most applications, like sqlplus, when you close it, the session will be disconnected as well even though the query is still running.

But one of our homemade application, written in JAVA,using thin layer, getting the data based on how many days, will get a time out error message if the end user enter too many days. But the database session is still there, so the end user will restart the application and restart the application, untill the database got too many connections and crashes.

How can I do, as a DBA, to make sure that if the application is closed, the database session is also disconnected? Is there any setting I should implement?

Thanks for your help. Received on Mon Apr 22 2002 - 18:39:05 CDT