fine grain access control

From: john <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2002 15:31:05 -0700

I have fgac implemented in a database that I am attempting to tune. I have having great difficulty finding any documentation about how fgac effects the backend processing of a query. It appears that the predicate added by fgac does not appear in v$sqlarea. Why? and how does one over come this? Also, due to the fact that I now have an extra column in many tables for the sole purpose of fgac implementation, it appears that primary keys now need a column added to actually be primary keys again. Where is the documentation that discusses the back end impact of fgac? I'm sure that once illuminated by the light of day, that this is no big deal. Could I please have just a small morsel of information?

Stumped Senior Tuner Received on Mon Apr 22 2002 - 17:31:05 CDT