Re: Migrate Oracle Apps and OS at same time???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:33:55 +0200

On 22 Apr 2002 06:45:10 -0700, sunk_at_focushope.edu (Kurt Sun) wrote:

>Anybody out there did the migration of apps(for example, 10.7 to 11i
>or whatsoever) and OS (for example, SUN to HP or whatsoever) at the
>same time???
>
>What's the best way to do it(for example, first clone the old version
>on the new OS or ...)
>
>Any idea will be highly appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Kurt.
>
>P.S. I know this is Oracle application issue but just hope anybody in
>this group can shed some light.

Oracle Apps is in my experience just a big can of worms and the most buggy product Oracle ever has sold, especially if you needed to convert to the Euro.
So I would upgrade first Oracle Apps to make sure all issues I run into are caused by the application software, provided your installation is stable now. If you first crossgrade from SUN to HP, Apps seem to run, and afterwards you upgrade Apps, you might run into vendors accusing each other of causing the problem.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Apr 22 2002 - 13:33:55 CDT