Re: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:30:44 GMT

Doesn't the installer walk you through making a default toy database virtually automatically any more?

Mark, early on in running ORAINST, it ought to ask you about that (unless, as I say, they've changed that bit); if you're just setting up for a tutorial type thing, let the installer create it and set things up for you.

As everyone's said so far, you can't log in to a database you do not have. Also, if you're just learning Oracle, it's best to let the installer do most defaults it wants to do and not go and experiment.

Before proceeding, you ought to run the installer to DEINSTALL whatever you have installed, and begin anew; Oracle used to forget to clean up the registry properly, and leave bits and pieces around in directories, so you might want to check for little landmines before you run the installer again

RSH.