Re: Killed Session: what happens to Rollback

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:05:57 +0100

Look in v$transaction for used_urec, used_ublk (undo records and blocks used by the transaction).

In normal circumstances when a process rolls a transaction back, you can see these decreasing and estimate how long it will take for the rollback to complete. If you kill a session, PMON takes control of the locked resources and performs the rollback - unfortunately it doesn't unwind the counts in these columns in the same way as a normal rollback.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Author of:

Next Seminar - Australia - July/August

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

<332bb004.0204220849.6391ded8_at_posting.google.com>...