Killed Session: what happens to Rollback

From: Marcel Kraupp <marcel.kraupp_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 22 Apr 2002 09:49:53 -0700

Hi

I have a killed session:

SQL> select sid, taddr from v$session where status = 'KILLED';

       SID TADDR

        28 2340BDE4 I find taddr referenced in v$transaction:

SQL> select count(*) from v$transaction where addr = '2340BDE4';

  COUNT(*)

         1

And I am wondering if this entry in v$transaction (as well as its counterpart in v$session) will eventually disappear. And what do I have to do if they are not? It seems to me that the instance should take care of, but the entries are here for a long time already.

Also, is there a way to determine how much space a transaction has allocated in the rollback segment.

DB Version is 8i.

thanks in advance

Marcel Received on Mon Apr 22 2002 - 11:49:53 CDT