Re: Decrypt oracle data with java

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_oracle.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2002 07:46:11 -0700

Unfortunately, you can't do what you want. The obfuscation toolkit puts in prepends a header to the data to prevent double encryption (U.S. government requirement). So, direct decryption will fail.

The only way to do it would be to have the Java code call the obfuscation toolkit.

                                             Rick

In article <347d629d.0204160724.56822214_at_posting.google.com>, samuel_zarza_at_geocities.com says...

>Hi:
> I need to decrypt oracle crypted data (with
>dbms_obfsucation_toolkit) with java code. I've tried with the
>following code but I had no luck:
>
>// I have the string read from Oracle in myCipheredText variable
>
>SecretKeyFactory keyFactory = SecretKeyFactory.getInstance("DES");
>DESKeySpec desKeySpec = new DESKeySpec("_MyKey__".getBytes());
>SecretKey desKey = keyFactory.generateSecret(desKeySpec);
>
>Cipher desCipher = Cipher.getInstance("DES");
>desCipher.init(Cipher.DECRYPT_MODE, desKey);
>
>byte[] textoDescifrado = desCipher.doFinal(myCipheredText.getBytes());
>System.out.println(new String(textoDescifrado));
>
>The result isn't the same between oracle and this code.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regards, Samuel

                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.