Re: when Oracle9i database supports J2EE 1.3 (or even 1.4)?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:37:16 +1000

In article <3CC3F97A.7030409_at_libero.it>, you said (and I quote):
> The 9.0.1 release will be the last database release to support this
> stack but customers are encouraged to migrate
> existing J2EE based applications running in the database to OC4J, the
> new J2EE container in Oracle9iAS, now."

That is indeed the case. A pity, IMHO. This because OC4J is not yet compatible with other app servers such as Websphere, and the JVM EJB container was the easy and nice way of making stored Java procedures work nicely with Websphere...

Oh well, perhaps it's in the plans to make OC4J truly portable to other app servers?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto