Re: Oracle vs. SQL server

From: Joe Yong <flyingbuick_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2002 23:54:20 -0700

You're wasting your time asking here or the sqlserver newsgroup (if you did). Go do a Google search for your answers.

99% of the people here will tell you oracle rules and 99% of the folks in the sqlserver newsgroup will tell you sqlserver rules. I've worked with both (and a bunch of other less popular ones) and still do. IMHO, oracle no longer has as clear an advantage as it used to.

btw, anyone who dings sqlserver as being buggy compared to oracle is either on crack, drunk or just a bigot (or all of the above). There's no such thing as bugfree software unless you count hello world apps (and even that has no guarantees). I've had to deal with more bugs than new orleans in july with oracle databases (thankfully, i don't manage the apps) and the same applies to sqlserver. Even NASA software have bugs (I know a few personally).

joe.