Re: separate data/inidex

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 15:22:00 +0100

Please help me here with two things.

  1. "Nowadays to satisfy queries, you're full scanning tables, full scanning indexes, not using indexes at all,...."

Since when? I work very hard to not do these things.

2. "Quality IO balancing is important...separating data and indexes is not the same thing"

I'll agree that I can't put an equals sign between them. But isn't one way of guaranteeing that the goal will be met (I said one way, not the only way) to force a physical separation?

Thanks,

Daniel Morgan