Re: Lost Dictionary!! URGENT!!!

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 06:39:32 GMT

I have to agree with Daniel-- you could really (I wouldn't do it of habit) run those scripts at will and they shouldn't ever damage anything, let alone your Oracle database internal dictionary.

You might perhaps, want to do a:

select
  owner, object_name, object_type
from
  dba_objects
where
  status = 'INVALID"
order by owner, object_name, object_type;

(as system or sys)

you might have some procedures, functions, views, or other goodies that were clobbered, or subtending objects depending on their validity.

Just a suggestion; Oracle Applications would occasionally drive me nuts with that stuff.

And as an aside, writing a formal SQL script to do such a scan daily might save you much grief; I do not like invalid objects even in development.