Re: Oracle vs. SQL server

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:44:53 +0100

If you want benchmarks then look at the recent study published by one of the major computer rags, I forget which one because I think all benchmarks are nonsense. They rated Oracle first and MySQL second. SQL Server barely made it onto the radar screen.

But benchmarks are about as relevant to picking a SQL RDBMS as is what I had for lunch last Wednesday. The important issues are security, stability, and scalability. If it isn't secure, stable, and scalable who gives a flying donut how fast it falls apart.

Daniel Morgan