Re: What happens when I log on to SQLPlus

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:33:47 +0200

Indead, first $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql is run. Then sqlplus looks for a file named login.sql in the current directory. If it's not there it searches all directories listed in $ORACLE_PATH variable.
The first login.sql file found is run.

Same applies for Oracle on Windows NT: glogin.sql in the Oracle home sqlplus\admin dir
Then the first login.sql file found in:
a. the current dir (when you used the installed shortcut: the oracle home \bin subdirectory)
b. if set the directories listed in the variable %SQLPATH%. c. the directories listed in registry key \\HHLM\Software\Oracle\HOME<n>\SQLPATH

Use this variable or registry key to include the directories where you store your sql scripts in. Sqlplus will find them then regardless the current directory from where it started.

John Kachurick <jokach_at_epix.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 3CC1C13B.10AD99D7_at_epix.net...