Re: UTL_FILE

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:51:10 GMT

Without the setting in the initSID.ora parameter file UTL_FILE is non-functional. Make the change, bounce Oracle, and then report the full error message if one persists to plague you. Most of the error message obtained by first-time UTL_FILE developers cluster around the procedure not being able to find and open the file (so be careful of permissions on the file and the directory in which it is located).

Daniel Morgan