Re: Case sensitive

From: Forced Microsoft User <berdii_at_techemail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:15:23 +0200

Great, your two solutions will certainly work fine for me.

I am sure I use it if I don't find any other solution

But I am also using MS SQLSERVER 7.0 and I have installed it with case insensitive

here ise a test on my SQL Server databases

create table test (name char(20))
insert test values ("DAVID SCHUMACHER")
insert test values ("david schumacher")
select * from test where name like "D%"
(select * from test where name like "d%" ) this one gives the same results

(2 row(s) affected)

This is what I want for my Oracle

Unfortunatly, this is not me who have installed Oracle, and I don't know if during installation there was an option for using databases case-sensitive or case-insensitive Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 07:15:23 CDT