Re: Hotbackup

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 13:10:45 +0100 (BST)

Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote:
>OK. Please understand that I have to be rather careful of what I say here.
>For various reasons, the web site is currently non-functional, so that
>rather rules out downloading the document directly. I also cannot give
>*ex*plicit approval for the distribution of the material that used to be on
>the site.
>
>I might *wish* that it gets a big audience, but I can't urge it or endorse
>it.
>
>"The only source of approved documentation about Oracle(TM) is Oracle's
>(TM) own website".
>
>Enough said, I hope.

Ah.

I hope you get this sorted soon.

In the meantime, I found a copy of the Backup and Recovery guide lying around the web (revision 4.0.1, not sure if there's more recent):

Copy I found was at:
http://www.vampired.net/articles/files/backup1.zip I've mirrored it at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/backup.zip (525kB)

If anybody happens to have a more recent copy lying around, please mail me (please tell me what version before sending a copy - I *don't* want to get megabytes of useless mail).

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/