Re: Full export - import database

From: Vince <uv_ss_2001_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 05:02:11 -0700

Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message news:<3CBEF031.C266E0A5_at_mytoys.de>...
> > Why there are errors when i do a full import from a full export? am
> > i missing any step?
>
> A full database export dumps everything, including tablespaces, users etc.
> When you do a full import Oracle tries to create your (user) tablespaces with
> all the datafiles on the exact location like on the source server. It also tries
> to create the users, grant the privileges and so on. If you created the
> tablespaces manually the full import will give warnings.
>
> Regards,
>
> Knut

Thanks Knut.

I had created System, Temp tablespace and RBS Tablespaces manually, as I was advised by my collegues .. Still my questing is why import is giving errors out on some views and triggers though they are valid in the source system.. Some Packages (DBMS_PIPE and DBMS_SYS_SQL) were having errors, which i had to manually grant permissions.

TIA Venkat Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 07:02:11 CDT