Forms Server with Oracle 8i on an Apache Web Server

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 04:59:27 -0700

We are having problems getting a connection to our webserver. It is run on Oracle 8i, with Forms and reports 6i using the Apache webserver. The database is up and running fine. I can connect to it using SQLPLUS. However, when I try to connect to the application using the web... It cant find it.

I have some vague instructions on how to set up the Apache webserver. I have a listner and a port set up in the httpd.conf Apache file. Any ideas what I missed? I must have missed a step somewhere? I know I'm being vague, but I've never built one of these before... so I don't know exactly what information is relavent.

Yes I know this is not strictly an Oracle question, but I'd assume that many of you have built a webserver using Apache before.

Thanks,

Ryan Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 06:59:27 CDT