Re: Help - profile and verify_function

From: Mark <markg_at_mymail.co.uk>
Date: 19 Apr 2002 04:48:41 -0700

Apparently, according to Oracle, ALTER USER statement does not support password changes when a password verify function is in place.

Following cut and pasted from a MetaLink forum

"A user can still use ALTER USER to change their password unless you have a password verify function in effect. The capability to define a password verify function was introduced in Oracle8 and there were problems associated with enforcement via ALTER USER. Unfortunately, it is not feasible, due to security issues, to incorporate the functionality of allowing a password change using ALTER USER when a password verification function is in effect. "