Re: Full export - import database

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:07:31 +0200

Most likely you overlooked the following (as most people do).

In a full export the schema SYS is not exported. For the simple reason that this contains the administration of the database which is of course database specific.

Everything you did in the SYS schema in the origin database must be done again in the destination.
Most people don't create anything in the SYS schema following the advice of Oracle (just for this reason)
But for one thing you can't avoid it: grants select on SYS owner views and grant execute privilege on packages of SYS used or called by your own packages/procedures. Otherwise they won't compile. Privs given via roles won't work in stored packages/procedures.

So check in your origin database what grants SYS has given to others (except to roles, public, other standard oracle schemas) and re-grant them in you destination.

Vince <uv_ss_2001_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 4a933b77.0204180757.4bda9333_at_posting.google.com...