Re: Can the Oracle db_block_size be changed on an instance?

From: Mark Bateman <nowhere_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:15:20 +0100

As the previous messages indicate, the answer is no. However, if you are having performance problems due to a small block size - then try playing with the init.ora parameter DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT. I.e. if your block size is 2k (2048 bytes) then try setting this parameter to 8 or 16. It increases read performance by reading more data per disk I/O.

Regards,

Mark Bateman
Oracle expertise around the clock
www.teamsolve.co.uk