Re: interMedia

From: acelestial <acelestial_at_twp.cwellington.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:19:50 -0400

Why some of the pdf's are indexing properly and why others not? I just used the same acrobat version in converting our documents.

Yes, I have a procedure to synchronize and I run it as a job to periodically update my index. Procedure below:

procedure sync_archive
is
begin
  execute immediate

    'alter index archive_idx rebuild online'       ||
    '  parameters ( ''sync'' )'                          ;
  execute immediate
    'alter index archive_idx rebuild online'       ||
    ' parameters ( ''optimize full maxtime unlimited'' )' ; end sync_archive;

Yes, even if I added the INSO_FILTER in my index DDL, problem still the same.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Arman

"Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com> wrote in message news:a9ggia$m9e$1_at_babylon.agtel.net...
> select count(*) from ctx_user_pending
>
> if this is > 0 then you need to synchronize your index. Either start
ctxsrv (not
> recommended and not available as of 9i) or create a job which will do it
regularly.
> The code for the job could be like this:
>
> begin
> for idx in (select distinct pnd_index_name name from ctx_user_pending)
loop

http://www.dpsp-yes.com