Re: Bad Block ORA-00600

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:03:23 +0100

How do you figure out the values in point (b) ?

If this is correct, there are two tests I would try on a backup copy of the database;

  1. Drop rollback segments with US# = 7 and overwrite it, then see what happens
  2. Start the database with init.ora holding _corrupted_rollback_segments = 'name of rollback segment'

    This tells oracle to assume any ITLs holding     references to the undo segment should be assumed     committed, and this may clear the problem.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Author of:

Next Seminar - Australia - July/August

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ