Re: Oracle 8i Kernel Error

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:37:27 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> stefan.vangelder_at_grontmij.nl (stefan) wrote in message news:<ca4016ef.0204180029.160e1202_at_posting.google.com>...
> > Hey peeps,
> >
> > I have a problem with an laptop using Oracle 8i. After starting up the
> > program the user gets an blue screen with the error notification:
> > ------------------------
> > 0.0000007A
> > Kernel_data_inpage_error
> > AO13E657
> > win32k.sys
> > Oracle
> > Java
> > ------------------------
> >
> > System Info:
> > Thoshiba T4600
> > Latest BIOS version
> > 9gig HD
> > 256MB RAM
> > OS: Windows 2000 Pro
> >
> > If anyone could tell me what the cause of this crash might be or even
> > an solution too solve this problem (yes, reinstall might work, but
> > maybe after that i get this problem again), i would be very thankfull.
> > TIA
> >
> > Stefan
>
> Looks like an O/S problem doesn't it.
> Otherwise I think running Oracle 8i (not Personal Oracle 8i) on a
> config with only a measle 256 M RAM would be the culprit.
>
> Regards
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

What do you mean measly 256M RAM. I routinely run 8.1.7 with SQL Navigator and IDS Forms in 64M RAM. And I have yet to have a crash ... much less one caused by the lack of memory. It is hardly a performance screamer ... but it is as stable as any Windows platform can be.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Apr 18 2002 - 12:37:27 CDT