Full export - import database

From: Vince <uv_ss_2001_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2002 08:57:52 -0700

Hi Gurus,

I am newbie to oracle.. not to database or administration..

I am trying to move a Oracle 8.1.7 database using export/import to another server.

Source Server : HP-UX 11- Oracle 8.1.7.

Destination Server : Sun Solaris 8 - Oracle 8.1.7.

I did the following to create the instance.

   Installed Oracle 8.1.7 software on the dest. server.    copied init.ora, create database, create tablespace scripts    from soure to destination
   created the instance, tablespaces, rollback segments on the dest. server.

   created catalog packages on the dest. server.    So far no prblem..
   I imported the instance on the dest. server,

       While the import is success with some warnings

Now my questing is

   Why there are errors when i do a full import from a full export? am i missing any step?

   Also i found no of invalid objects in the new imported instance, which are not there in the source ? When i recompile all of them compiled except for two
which had previlage peoblems for DBMS_PIPE and DBMS_SYS_SQL. I have sort these out.

   I had some invalid object in the source, which are valid in destination.. What could be the reason..

TIA, Venkat Received on Thu Apr 18 2002 - 10:57:52 CDT