Restart a crashed database

From: James <jamesyang_at_163.net>
Date: 18 Apr 2002 08:24:44 -0700

We are running Oracle 8.1.7.2. If the database crashes (such as power failure), we fix the problem then restart the database. Do I need remove any tmp/lock file?

I know, for Oracle 8 and below, the database will create sgadef${ORACLE_SID}.dbf and sgadef${ORACLE_SID}.ora file when start and delete them when shutdown. How about 8i?

TIA
jamesyang_at_163.net Received on Thu Apr 18 2002 - 10:24:44 CDT