Re: Oracle 9i DB Security Hole

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:59:18 -0400

Self-control by their main competitor - and it's hard - trust me. It's not the existence of the bug that is so bad. It's that it took screaming customers to deliver a patch after it was known for 4 months that's remarkable. One has to give credit to Microsoft for handling these things a lot more openly, despite knowing that it draws fire from the competition. Just my 2 cents
Serge

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 UDB SQL Compiler Development