Exporting Data from crashed Operating System

From: Charmee <charmee_p_at_indiatimes.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2002 01:26:08 -0700

Hi

I had Oracle 8.1.6 installed on my system and the system crashed.After re-installing the OS, the export facilty of oracle is not working. I will paste the error which is displayed.

Message 206 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=EXP: Release
8.1.6.0.0 - Production on Thu Apr 18 01:26:37 2002

(c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corpo

Invalid format of Export utility name

Verify that ORACLE_HOME is properly set

Export terminated unsuccessfully

EXP-00000: Message 0 not found; No message file for product=RDBMS, facility=EXP

I have not tried to re-install oracle back on the system.All i need is to recover the data and load it back on the same system.Can anyone give me a suggestion what i should do.

A quick response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.
Charmee Received on Thu Apr 18 2002 - 03:26:08 CDT