Re: 9iDB Security Hole?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:13:42 +0100

"Howard Rogers" <Howard.Rogers_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:Gwov8.42$ao6.237_at_news.oracle.com...
> (Not sure why Niall couldn't get an 8.1-compatible database open. Just
make
> sure you switch off db_cache_size and use db_block_buffers; sga_max_size
> mustn't be set; undo_management = manual; undo_retention not set, and it
> seems to work OK. There might have been some others I had to unset, too,
but
> these are the ones that most spring to mind).

Almost certainly because I didn't try hard enough. I had just created a blank db using the provided wizards for the purpose of testing so I probably had all sorts of 9i specific stuff that I needed to get rid of. Frankly until a patch is available this whole issue is enough to kill off any idea of experimenting seriously with 9i.

Why does interesting and or important stuff always come up when I'm in the middle of several time critical projects?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA