Re: 9iDB Security Hole?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:35:41 +0100

Nuno,

You're missing something which is not
necessarily obvious.

How many systems still create users with:

    grant connect to userX identified by passwordX;

Despite the fact that roles DBA, RESOURCE and CONNECT have been contra-indicated for the last 5 years or so.

The CONNECT role includes the CREATE VIEW privilege.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Author of:

Next Seminar - Australia - July/August

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ