Re: Script for total number of rows

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:28:39 GMT

You should not be using analyze table compute statistics. Or writing a script.

Use DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS(ownname =>schema_name, CASCADE=>True)

It will do all the statistics for all tables and indexes in the schema. Something required by the Cost Based Optimizer (CBO).

Unless, of course, your instructor wants you to get the experience. In which case use dynamic SQL with a cursor.

Daniel Morgan