Re: 9iDB Security Hole?

From: Kurt Laugesen <kula_at_int.tele.dk>
Date: 17 Apr 2002 13:50:06 -0700

tmh_at_jumpgate.cc.purdue.edu (Todd M. Helfter) wrote in message news:<a9jk9h$66b$1_at_mozo.cc.purdue.edu>...
> Can anyone think of an init.ora parameter to disable all users from having access
> to the security hole? Something like "TURN_OFF_SQL92_BLAH_BLAH" or would setting
> compatibility to 8.1.7 have the same effect?

I thought of something like that so I tried setting O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY=TRUE hoping it had something to do with the new dictionary priveliges, but it didn't help.

I could kick myself though - because several months ago some people from my company (including myself) found this bug at an Oracle Course, but we only saw it as a return to 'the old' dictionary lookup behaviour, and we didn't see the full consequences as Jonathan and Howard points out.

My company is trying to escalate the matter as we were on the verge of going into production on 9.0.1, and this will stop us dead in our tracks.
Regards
Kurt Laugesen Received on Wed Apr 17 2002 - 15:50:06 CDT