corrupted rollback tablespace

From: Glen A Stromquist <gstromquist_at_nospamyahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:34:53 GMT

I have a test DB that would not start up due to a corrupted rollback tablespace. From the mount stage I was able to do an offline drop of the offending datafile and open the database. From there I created another rollback tablespace, but I can't create any rollback segments in it because I get an error saying it is still trying to access the file I took offline. Being a test DB it is not in archivelog mode, I can't put the file back online because it needs recovery, and if I try to recover it its looking for an archived log that doesn't exist.

What are my options at this point?

Would the _corrupted_rollback_segments paramater get me going? (I'm going to truncate the entire db and re-import anyway once its up)

Any suggestions much appreciated Received on Wed Apr 17 2002 - 13:34:53 CDT