Re: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4096 bytes of shared memory

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:33:06 +0400

Looks like another Java shared pool overrun. Increase JAVA_POOL_SIZE and bounce the db. This "shared pool" has [almost] nothing to do with conventional shared pool. And AFAIR there were some memory leaks in JDBC, so you better install the latest patchset for your OS (8.1.7.3 is latest, but not sure it's available for linux/intel). But most probably you are simply running out of Java shared pool here on heavy load.