Re: Hotbackup

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 17 Apr 2002 06:32:11 -0700

Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message news:<3CBD2C9D.615DE4F_at_mytoys.de>...
> > 2) Disconnecting array mirror. (time < 1 minute)
>
> What will you do when a disk fails? Is it a production system?

Yes, that's a production system. However when some disk fails, I don't care. This system is somewhat overmirrored. There are three (maybe even more) levels of mirroring. Everything is placed on Symetrix EMC storage system. There are:

1) "Classic mirroring" - Oracle database on mirrored disk sets
2) Internal fail-over mirroring by EMC
3) Storage system mirroring - we have two of these EMCs in
geographical cluster solution (two placements with few kilometres distance between them).

So I think that we would have no problem, even if some disk would die.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.