Re: seting tablespace readonly during restore?

From: Johannes <johannes_at_merckle.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:33:27 +0200

i set the affected files offline before. currently restore this files and want to apply the redologs to the most recent point. Finalley set the files successively online again. Seems to works fine. To prevent this file from action until finished all the files, I want the tablespace set readonly.

You seem to suggest to restore the datafiles while the database is operational.
Unless the datafiles go to a different location, you are definitely going to screw up everything. If the datafiles go to the original location, the database needs to be DOWN! I'm flabbergasted why you think otherwise.

--
Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA