seting tablespace readonly during restore?

From: Johannes <johannes_at_merckle.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:12:12 +0200

Hi all!
We are affliceted by mass corruption of datablocks in all of the datafiles lieing on
one RAID5. Probably caused by changing a dead device online. Does anyone know this with Mylex DAC controllers?

As the files are mainly needed for mass data upload, i thought it would by ok to
set the tablespace within this datafiles readonly during the restore process from the tapes.
So the DB could be remain available for restricted use. As I'm not sure and don't want to add another critical part, what do you think, is the reaction
if insert/update shall be performed? Stop of the transaction with rollback?

Thx
Joh Received on Tue Apr 16 2002 - 16:12:12 CDT