Re: 9iDB Security Hole?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2002 11:01:27 -0700

In article <3cbc4dc9$0$15474$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>, Nuno says...

>In article <a9heb9010af_at_drn.newsguy.com>, you said (and I quote):
>> the next release (well, 9.2 anyway). Here's your proofpoint:
>> SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Apr 16 07:30:31 2002
> ^^^^^^^^^
>> (c) Copyright 2001 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>

>You trying to tell us something we should know, Pete?
>Nothing like having access to all the latest, eh? ;)

Actually, I hand-edited that part. ;)

Well OK, I didn't really. I just get earlier access than you guys might, so it's nice to actually see it working the way it should.

>Thanks for the feedback, anyway. I wonder what other nice things are in
>R2? Seen a few snippets in oracle.com and otn.oracle.com, very nice
>stuff.
>
>We're all still trying to come to grips with 9i and you guys are all
>ready with R2? Pretty soon there ain't gonna be time to even install new
>software before it's out of date.
>
>Anyways, I'll just keep on clomping with 9.0 until better stuff arrives.
>The main prod development is still 8.1.7, though. And I had a monster
>bunfight to stop them from doing everything with 7.3.4 last year, then
>8.1.6. Burned a few bridges with that, very little payback...
>
>Oh well, let's keep smiling.
>Cheers
>Nuno Souto
>nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Apr 16 2002 - 13:01:27 CDT