Re: Any Opinions on Confio's Oracle suite?

From: Jared <jrused2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2002 10:51:22 -0700

My company is part of the beta program and we have been pretty impressed with DBFlash. It is the first tool we use if our database starts acting funny. It allows you to quickly figure out the problem (even if it's not a db issue). But you have to see it to really understand it.
We evaluated Precise and found them to be very expensive and did not give the detail of DBFlash. However Precise does have a good product and I would take it over nothing even with the steep price tag. From our research, the products from these two companies were the only two that are even worth evaluating. Quest and BMC tools are pathetic. They both seem to be aiming at the lower end of the DBA scale.

Just my 2 cents...