Need Advice for low-cost RAC system

From: Norbert Vossiek <norbert.vossiek_at_gmx.li>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:31:52 +0200

Since ORA9 offers clustering, I wonder what I typically need to build such a system. I would like to start with let's say 2-3 linux intel boxes, attached to some kind of a disk array.

Second interesting point would be: Would it be worth thinking about using such a system for bulk data processing (i.e. some 100k/1M insert/selects)? Seems, Oracle favourites such systems for OLTP and heavy read/low update/insert only.

Thanks in advance,

Norbert Received on Tue Apr 16 2002 - 09:31:52 CDT