Re: Oracle 8i and 9i install and running concurrently in a Solaris Host Machine

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:16:16 -0400

The machine will have to have enough resources (CPU, Memory) to support whatever load each instance will see. You will need to increase the params in /etc/system. Other than that, should work no problem. I actually have 8i and 9i running together on a Ultra-10 box, but just for development, and I only run both instances when I really need to.

-Peter