dbca seems to ignore my ORACLE_BASE variable for database location

From: David Trusty <dtrusty_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2002 21:35:20 -0700

Hi,

I am new to Oracle. I am trying to use the dbca tool under HPUX to create a simple database. I change my ORACLE_BASE environment variable, and then start the dbca tool. The tool seems to say the databases will be placed in a subdirectory of ORACLE_BASE, but when I get to the end of the creation process, it complains there is not enough space in root (/).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

David Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 23:35:20 CDT