Be carefull Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux crashes when setting LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESSES>8 ?

From: Mihail Daskalov <mdaskalo_at_tlogica.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2002 08:41:57 -0700

Hi all,
I just found a tricky way to perform shutdown abort, even if have no SYSDBA priviledges ;)))
Can anoyone try this on another configuration?

Mine is Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 on SuSE 7.2.

Warning: don't try this on a production database.

ALTER SYSTEM SET LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESSES=9; or
ALTER SYSTEM SET LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESSES=10; when you have configured LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST and LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST.

Mihail Daskalov
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Admin

P.S. I just wanted to share my experience with someone. Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 10:41:57 CDT